The participation Application form downloaded from the site should be filled in and sent with the accompanying documentation to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org, until January 31st, 2020:
– scanned first page of pupil booklet / index / diploma,
– one color photo in high resolution minimum 2000px,
– confirmation of the registration fee payment to the organizer’s bank account number,
– short biography (maximum of 150 words), in Serbian and English (competitors from Serbia) and English (foreign competitors),
– the score in the pdf format,
– a comment on the work (up to 150 words) in Serbian / English or English,
– link of the compositio recording in the mp3 format of the composition/arrangement according to the propositions, on a google drive or similar, without any time limit of keeping the contents set.
* The recording according to the competitor,s category of registration is submitted in the application form via the link (google drive and similar, without any time limit of keeping the contents set). Such a completed application form is sent to the above-mentioned email address.
* File name. The name of the file should contain: Category_Competitor,s name and surname_Title of the composition – Example: III_Petar_Petrović_Orange world.mp4
Each candidate should send material according to the propositions of the competition category.
I – 2000 RSD / 20 EUR
II – 2500 RSD / 25 EUR
III – 3000 RSD / 30 EUR
Competitors from Serbia:
User: Faculty of Arts in Niš
Bank account number: 840-2012666-89, Reference number: 742121-10,
Purpose of payment: Registration fee for Competition Konstantin Veliki Niš
Competitors from abroad:
User: Faculty of Arts in Niš
IBAN: RS35840000000024579055, University of Niš, Faculty of Arts, Kneginje Ljubice no 10, Niš, Serbia
SWIFT: NBSRRSBGXXX, National Bank of Serbia (NBS) Belgrade, Nemanjina 17, Serbia, DEUTDEFFXXX, Deutsche Bank AG, F / M, Taunusanle 12, Germany
Purpose of payment: Registration fee for Competition Constantine the Great Niš
Original composition written in any genre of music (classical, popular, jazz music)
Origin of thematic material – original, folklore basis, quotes, popular genre…
Original arrangement – quote/arrange a piece of classical music literature in the genre of popular/jazz music or arrange popular/jazz music in classical music form
I – students of secondary music schools
II – students
III – no age limit
The following instruments may be used: flute, clarinet, horn, piano, accordion, guitar, violin I, violin II, viola, cello, double bass, percussion, vocal.
Chamber ensemble of up to 5 instruments
Composition/arrangement lasting up to 03:37 minutes
The contest is not anonymous.
The authors of the selected compositions/arrangements are obliged to subsequently submit the complete material for the performance (shares (in pdf format)
First prize – 93-99.9 points
Second prize – 86-92.99 points
Third prize – 80-85.99 points
The Jury will especially evaluate the following three segments:
1) composing technique,
2) instrumentation and orchestration,
3) the overall impression.
The decisions of the Jury are final.
The organizer of the International Competition, Constantine the Great, is the Faculty of Arts in Niš, the University of Niš and the City of Niš.
The competition is completely realized via the Internet and in accordance with the Competition Rulebook (pdf).
The number of prizes awarded by the Jury is not limited.
All the awarded competitors will be given diplomas, and a special award called discipline Laureate is determined within each discipline.
The laureate awards will be delivered at the Gala concert/exibition, organized in honour of the City of Niš celebration – St. Emperor Constantine and Empress Helena from 1st -3rd June.
The laureate’s stay expenses are on the part of the organizer.
The media coverage of the whole project is provided by the organizer.
The results will be published on the site, according to the calendar of events.
September 2019 Announcing the Competition
January 31, 2020 Deadline for Application
Due to the great interest, the deadline is extended until 29th February 2020.
February 2020 Jurying
March 2020 The results
April – May 2020. Preparation for the Gala concert/exibition
1st -3rd June 2020. Gala concert/exibition and Awarding ceremony
Participants agree and give consent and the right to copy, publish and communicate, or present their work in printed and electronic media, publish it on the Facebook page of both the Competition and the Faculty of Arts in Niš. This permit/right has no geographical or time limit.
For further information, please contact: mob: +38169776329 Ivana Đelić / e-mail: email@example.com
composer / Belgrade, SRB
composer / Atina, GRC
composer / Niš, SRB
composer / Kopenhagen, DNK
jazz composer / Skoplje, MKD